Saturday, August 30, 2014

Month of Auguet - The another chapter !

 Yeah, it was finally Auguest, I am happy not because my birthday is coming in sept, but because the lousy month of June and July passed. It was very horrible, I somehow manage to pull thru with zewl supporting me most of the time.

At least, we started with the celebration of birthday for Jolene at P.S cafe Renaissance with Tiaw Haw ( the usual late comer a/t jolene). It was a very cozy and relaxing environment, with nice comfortable sofa seats.

Greeted by huge delicious looking cakes while walking in to the diner.






Huge portion of truffles fries ( glad that we had 3 person to share ).


This cocktail was a mixture of chrysanthemum, white wine, and lychee, way better than the strong taste mojito.


This was my main course of chicken tenders.

Amazingly, we ended the dinner almost 4hours later. Never had such a "long" dinner. I had talked most of my suffering stories encoutered which turned out to be the joke for now.
                                                       Happy Birthday, Jolene ! 

For the month of Hari Raya Celebrations, his mother and him cooked quite a feast for most of the weekend, and he will always keep a portion for me.


Had another impromptu meet-up with Jolene at bugis haji lane area. I felt like a tourist in my own country. I feel relax, and we went to had mexican dinner first, and it was great. NO time to take
photo, next time maybe. Then we went to bar stories.
 Something interesting about this place, there is no menu. You get to customise you drink, just tell the bartender what you feel like and he will tailor and mix for you.
 For Jolene, want something cold with ?rum as base, cause she had a bad day at work.
 Zewl want something with ginger.
I wanted something sweet and fruity, like mojito. So i guess the bartender did 5 kinds of mixture including some pineapple with mint. Taste like fruity beer, it would be great at the beach with this drink.

The drink cost about $22 +++ for one, but it could really suit your mood and feeling for the day. Great place and the bartender really put effort in making the drinks.

Who was the happier in August ? He had rest most of the time, without rushing here and there to fetch me. He send me this picture, when we were celebrating Jolene birthday. Glad he had more rest time, and dont need to pick me late like 2300hrs.

Hmm... so my August started with great food and drinks , with great company !


No comments:

Post a Comment